Brownrigg Companies LTD was established 1989 by Nancy L. Brownrigg. Prior to starting the agency, Nancy worked for companies where the customers were just another number. A ‘get as many as you can’ kind of sales atmosphere and a service workplace where accounts were moved from person to person.
Nancy wanted more for customers and so was born Brownrigg Companies LTD, built on values like relationships and personal attention. These values have kept several of our customers since the agency began over 25 years ago.
A one-woman team, Nancy brought Brownrigg Companies LTD into the insurance industry with insurance programs that saved organizations money and innovation insurance solutions for niche industries.
The agency has grown into a family-owned company with Nancy’s husband and two children joining her vision. Brownrigg Companies LTD has also grown in size and region with two offices, multiple satellite employees across the US, and international affiliations.
- 2014 President’s Club Award from Accident Fund Insurance Company of America
- 2013-2014 MVP Award from Great American Insurance Company
- 2013 President’s Club Award from Accident Fund Insurance Company of America
- 2013 Agency of the Region from Accident Fund Insurance Company of America
- 2013 Most Growth from Accident Fund Insurance Company of America
- 2011 Agency of the Year from The Hartford
- 2015 CEO Nancy L. Brownrigg received Diversity Leader Award from Corp! Magazine’s Salute to Diversity
- 2008 received The Spirit of Detroit Award
- 2005 Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA) honored CEO Nancy L. Brownrigg with the Keeper of the Flame
- 2003 – Present Women’s Business Expertise (WBE) certification by the Women’s Business Expertise National Council
- 2001 CEO Nancy L. Brownrigg received the nationally-recognized ATHENA Leadership Award